Syracuse, NY 13202 315.701.6438
315.423.2801 Fx firstname.lastname@example.org Add to Address Book
Steven is a member of Bousquet Holstein PLLC. He is an experienced litigator and brings 27 years of courtroom experience to seek fair and reasoned solutions to client problems. His current practice involves successfully navigating sophisticated divorce and family law matters to a successful conclusion using both Collaborative Law Practice techniques wherever possible, and traditional litigation models where necessary. Steven works with a team of equally seasoned professionals at the Firm to resolve both sophisticated and routine matters economically, expeditiously and fairly, and seeks to leave long standing family relationships as intact as possible, particularly where children are involved.
Steven uses his expertise and experience to negotiate prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, separation and opting out agreements, and dissolution of marriage through the collaborative law process wherever possible. His professional manner and courtroom experience lead to positive results for his clients.
In addition to the matrimonial practice, Steven supervises the Firm’s real estate practice area, and undertakes criminal and civil litigation with areas of special interest in election law and white collar crime.
Previously, Steven enjoyed a fifteen-year partnership with his general practice firm. He also worked as Associate Counsel to the New York State Assembly Program and Counsel office, assigned to the Transportation Committee, and served as a Tax Attorney for the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
- Representing clients in matrimonial matters involving family businesses, professional licenses, sophisticated retirement plans, high income and/or high assets;
- Representing clients in matters where child custody and support issues are involved;
- Achieved resolution in dozens of matrimonial and family court matters involving Divorce, Custody, Support and Geographic Relocation in Supreme Court and Family Court proceedings across the Central New York Region;
- Completed lengthy trial regarding validity of Prenuptial Agreement involving long term marriage and millions in assets;
- Completed election law matters challenging validity of election law process;
- Settled an automobile accident matter for more than the insurance limits;
- Defended two white collar criminal matters involving significant tax liabilities;
- Served as Special Prosecutor on matters on appointment by County Court;
- Supervised completion of dozens of commercial and residential real estate transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement
Steven is a current member of the Board of Directors of the CNY Collaborative Family Law Professionals, Inc. and one of eight attorneys in Central New York who is a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, requiring necessary collaborative law training.
Steven is an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at the State University of New York’s Onondaga Community College and serves on the Student Conduct Disciplinary Board as a Faculty Representative. He has served three terms as Chairman of the Onondaga County Democratic Committee and currently serves on the New York State Democratic Committee’s Executive Committee.
Steven is a member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers, New York State Bar Association and Onondaga County Bar Association. Steven serves on the Board of Directors for various groups including The Redhouse, Community General Hospital’s Quality Committee and Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. He is also active with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 1979
- B.A., Syracuse University, 1977
- New York
- United States Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Supreme Court